When? Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7.30 – 8.00 (winter set from December 3, 2020 to March 21, 2021)
Where? On Zoom
What? Group morning playing for all strings. Our motto is: How to get there? Together!
Online instrumental teaching, of course, has limitations that teachers face in their daily work. And yet we can focus on the positives. We ask ourselves – does it also allow for something that an individual visit to a music school does not? Here are some positive experiences of online teaching combined with reviewing home videos:
- easier control over how children actually exercise at home
- the responsibility for solid performance when making the recording lies with the student
- greater flexibility in grouping students in need of the same subject matters
- listening to each other and commenting on other students’ recordings, correcting mistakes without a teacher.
We could go on and on. However, we will focus on collective technique exercises. In individual lessons, it is impossible to organize the schedule by practicing technical exercises with students in groups several times a week for 15 minutes. In online learning, this is possible. The structure is somewhat broader, more academic, intended for a broader picture. At a lower level, you should stick to practicing one discipline for a longer period of time. Children need to be able to compare themselves to others and to lead a conference exercise themselves.
Performances, called ‘Morning Starters’, have been held since December 2020 three times a week, every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for 30 minutes between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning. The meetings are intended for:
- a better structured workday after the morning routine
- a better overview of the breadth of existing violin playing disciplines
- easier planning of one’s own performances
- better condition for playing the instrument
- overcoming adolescent depressions
Each meeting consists of two disciplines, usually one with an emphasis on the left hand and the other on the right. However, one can also be a training in understanding the theory of scales and chords or it is of a rhythmic nature. Once a week, we leave the leadership to one of the participants. At least once it is a replica of an already presented exercise, the second time the participants can also present something new that was not yet in our menu. The possibilities for a different structure adjusted to your students and content are limitless.
If you are interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to the zoom conference.